Repeat prescriptions can be collected Monday to Friday by the patient, their representative or an allocated pharmacist. Please allow 48 hours before collection. Repeat prescriptions can be obtained in the following ways:
- By Telephone: The repeat prescription line is available between 9.00am – 12.00pm on
Tel: 0191 487 6750. Please ensure you have the names and dosages of the medications you require.
- In Person: On the right side of a repeat prescription is the list of the medication that you regularly order. Indicate the items you require and hand this into surgery any time during opening hours. If you do not have this form please write your name and date of birth together with the name and dosages of the medications you require clearly on a piece of paper.
- By Post: Repeat prescriptions can be sent into surgery by post. They will only be returned to the patient by post if they are accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope.
- Online: Online via the link at the top of this page. Please contact surgery for registration details
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.